Things are unraveling today for Matt Gaetz

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

‘I’m innocent!’ a certain Floridian Congressman regularly screams on Twitter. I am sure you know who this Congressman is, but on the chance, you don’t, his name is Matt, and his last name is Gaetz. (It rhymes with hates.) So, Mr. Gaetz keeps declaring his innocence, and every day, it seems new allegations surface. What is a Floridian Trump sycophant to do?

And now the news has broken that nobody’s favorite tax collector, one Joel Greenberg, intends to take a plea deal. This cannot be happy news for the slick Congressman. The career of Gaetz is imploding in real-time. If Greenberg’s plea deal is to be successful, he will have to spill the beans on whatever he knows about Gaetz.

This isn’t surprising news when one thinks about it. After all, who in their right mind would take the fall to protect Gaetz? Gaetz surely knows this. His staff keeps putting out statements saying this is a nothing burger, but when one has an FBI investigation against you, one cannot claim there is nothing to see here.

Now it is possible that things may, in fact, fall apart with the plea deal. These things have been known to happen. But right now, it is looking rather dire for Mattie. So what will Greenberg say? I’ve no idea, but if any of these accusations are true, the chances of trouble for Gaetz just went up on the numbers scale.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now