These people have no idea what they’re even talking about

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

It always struck me as strange that radio stations advertise themselves WHILE I’m listening. It turns out, people need reassuring. Democrats too. After Biden won, I finally resumed listening to NPR, although I still refuse to consume most main-stream media. It turns out, NPR is not safe either. Recently I listened to Forum. The questions were excellent. The guest replies were rightwing spin, probably aimed at appeasing the criminals and the MAGA base. Here are a few examples.

Will January 6th Committee referrals to DOJ matter? GUEST: Bannon was not a Trump White House employee, so he was indictable. Meadows, Scavino, and Navarro were White House employees and executive privilege makes DOJ indictment problematic. WRONG: SCOTUS already struck down executive privilege in January 2022. Also, the J6 referrals to the DOJ have already pressured others to give damning testimony.

Will Eastman emails matter? GUEST: Only one of the 101 emails was incriminating, the rest will reveal nothing new. WRONG: Judge Carter issued a Crime Fraud exception canceling attorney-client privilege to get the emails released, stating Trump, “More likely than not” committed felony obstruction. A DC jury convicted insurrectionist Guy Reffitt of violating the same statute Judge Carter cites.

Will the investigations into Trump’s involvement in the insurrection and his call to Georgia SOS matter? GUEST: All the activities could fall under “free speech.” Also, Congress had their chance with the 2nd impeachment of Trump but failed. WRONG. Free speech? Really? Also, both impeachments succeeded. The GOP controlled Senate failed to convict.

This guest also just published a piece on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Really? Forum has lost me as a listener. But these interviews give us a roadmap to Democratic messaging. Also, the January 6th Select Committee hearings scheduled for late May, early June, will be explosive and many GOP candidates are imploding.

In the Senate we must focus on 10 competitive states. In Congress, there are difficult fights for 16 Democrats, but 9 Republicans are a toss-up. There’s a lot that can happen before November 8, 2022. Stay focused.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now