These people are idiots

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

This past Friday a new milestone was hit, and not a good one at all. Sadly, the United States has hit 700,000 deaths from Covid-19. It is not all that surprising though there is so much that could have kept the numbers down from the start. Some of those things include having Governors in certain states who acted like they gave a damn.

Unfortunately, we have Governors like DeSantis and Abbott who, with their actions, have shown they do not give a damn. The United States has more deaths from Covid than any other nation, with Brazil second and India third. And still, people refuse to get vaccinated.

I listened to some of these people this week. I wanted to gain a better understanding of just why they were so vehemently against the jab. I wanted to try to understand so I could educate myself and share my experiences with you all.

Sadly, I did not learn much. But here are a few things they said:

“This is not a real vaccine.”
“It’s an experiment.”
“I have natural immunity.”

And about Governor DeSantis:

“He is the best Governor ever.”
“We love him because he supports freedom.”

As to the question of “freedom” and what that word means to them, they were ready and able to throw up the abortion argument and argued earnestly for their rights to do — or not to do — whatever they want with their bodies.

Freedom does not give one the right to infect someone with a potentially deadly virus. But that argument does not work either. Many responses from MAGA were similar where they mentioned, “you can get hurt every day just walking across the street.”

Their arguments, in my opinion, are not rooted in logic. But that’s the thing. To even get to the vaccine argument with them, one must first move past the hurdle of convincing these folks that Covid is even real. Many do not believe there is any validity in what science says, and many seem unbothered by the Delta variant.

I am convinced that most of these people will never get the jab. Some may change their minds. But most of them have turned against knowledge and science in favor of anger in its most organic form. They do not seem to understand nor grasp the other side’s arguments.

We, too, have freedoms. We have the right not to get infected by other people. We have the right to walk around freely without being scolded for being a “mask sheep.” We have the right to survival — for ourselves, our children, and everyone we love. Fortunately, there are more of us than them. And as the grim Covid numbers soar, it is up to us to speak truth to science wherever and whenever we can.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here