The stakes just got even higher in the California Governor recall race

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

In the last few weeks, I have stepped up my writing on the California recall election of Governor Gavin Newsom. And once more, I am choosing to highlight this crucial race. I believe that right now, this recall is one of the biggest priorities of the Democratic party.

Now I believe Palmer Report readers know this. But what I hope is you share any and all articles about this race. Put em on your Twitter and Facebook accounts. Make the recall your pinned tweet on Twitter, if you are willing. Volunteer. Because it matters.

Polls are reporting that there is an enthusiasm gap in California. MAGA is energized, and polls say they lead in enthusiasm for the recall by as much as twenty percent. Much of it is apathy. Many believe Newsom is safe. That is just not true.

Consider that Newsom could get forty or forty-five percent of Californians in his corner, and it still would not be enough. He needs fifty plus one to remain. That first question asks if Californians want the recall at all.

If under that amount mentioned above say they do not want it, it will not matter — it has to be above fifty percent. A Republican, say, Larry Elder, could garner just fifteen or twenty percent of the vote and still win.

It’s a terrible process, I know. But it is what it is. And right now, we need to be as motivated to keep Newsom in as we were to get the former guy out. Another thing: there are reports that many in California are not even aware there is an election coming up. One has to remember that not all Democrats and Independents are political animals like we are.

Here is what you can do. There was a community rally in Oakland this week featuring labor leaders. Attend some rallies when and where you can. Start one yourself if that’s feasible. Make fliers reminding people of the election and put them where it is legal to do so.

Phone Bank. Send reminder postcards. Pin a reminder to your Social. Talk to everyone you know and tell them to talk to everyone they know. We must keep Governor Newsom in power.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now