The real reason the GOP keeps running this play into the ground

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

I want to address something that appears to be puzzling many Palmer Report readers. A question I see asked a lot is why does the GOP keep using this losing strategy? They lost the 2020 Presidential election. They lost the special elections in Georgia. Now, they have lost the California recall. There is a common theme woven throughout all of this.

It is the former guy. Oops — I did say I would not use that name. So, let me just call him the hairball express, a name invented by yet another creative Palmer Report reader.

It would appear the GOP has learned nothing from their mistakes. They keep on trying to win elections with Alt-Right losers to mimic the style of the hairball express. And, they keep losing and losing and then again losing. Why are they doing this, people ask. Why don’t they change their strategy? I have an answer.

The GOP are doing this because they have to. They really can’t do anything else. They have no policies anymore. They have burned all their policy bridges, and now those Policies are in ashes. Think about it. What is the GOP’s plan on healthcare? Nothing.

What is the GOP’s plan on how to put more money into the pockets of hard-working Americans? Nothing. What are the GOP’s plans for Covid? Nothing. I could go on. The point is, they don’t really have any choice right now.

They hitched their wagons to a traitor, and they are now suffering catastrophic consequences. The GOP has perhaps fractured itself beyond all repair.

Right now they are chained to a sociopath, and unless they denounce him which they seem terrified and unwilling to do, they are going to remain the party of nothing. Nothing now, and nothing in the future. Welcome to the new GOP. The party of absolutely zero ideas.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now