The media is letting us down on this one

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

The media is letting us down again. I am disturbed by a growing trend I see in the media. And that is this: The cries of woe. The hand wringing. The assumptions they make. For example, some pundits are assuming that Democrats will lose the House in 2022-and the Senate. You know the saying: “To assume makes an ass out of you and me.”

To be clear, not all television pundits are doing this. But enough of them are to make it alarming. This fake spin is nothing new. Consider the fact that many in the media assumed the former guy would win the 2020 election. You can see how that turned out. And they did the same with the special election in Georgia. Lately, a hot new topic is being discussed over and over on many news shows.

“The Democrats are running out of time.” “They’re only in power for a little longer.” “What are the Democrats doing?” “Hurry up.”

It is enough to give one deep agita. The truth is we stand an excellent chance of winning everything in 2022 – provided we put in the necessary work.

And another fact is that many in the media love conflict because conflict sells. Conflict stresses people out. Conflict keeps people glued to their televisions and often gives these people sleeping difficulties, resulting in said people often turning the television back on and getting more stressed out. And so I will say that if you see this happening and feel your blood pressure rising – shut it down.

That’s right. Take a break. Shut down the sounds of doom and panic. Shut off the scary tales of negativity. These tales are not accurate, and all they will succeed in doing is demoralizing you. And if enough people do this, these types of pundits might stop with the pity party. So, shut it down when these events occur. Let them know that for you anyway, misery and distress do not sell.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here