The feud between Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis begins

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Cracks are showing in the relationship between the former guy and Governor Ron DeSantis. This is not exactly a surprise. It had to happen sooner or later. It had to happen because the former guy hates and feuds with just about everybody, so why should DeSantis be any different?

And there is also the competitive edge their relationship has taken on. Being his delusional self, the former guy is still pretending he might make a Presidential run in 2024. As the former guy knows, this will never happen, but it is an excellent way to keep donations coming from his adoring base.

And DeSantis is pretty ambitious himself, not that it will ever get him the 2024 nomination. Still, these two have been on a collision course. So what are these simmering tensions between the two about?

The former guy wants to have a rally in Florida and is planning one this weekend in Sarasota. (My sympathies to Sarasodians.) But DeSantis does not want this rally to go forward.

Right now, there is a major tragedy going on in Florida with the collapse of the Surfside Florida condominium. Many people are still missing. This is a crisis and a tragedy, and our hearts go out to all the victims and their families.

With this going on, it is easy to see why DeSantis would not want this particular rally to occur. So, according to reports, his office has made a “direct plea” to the former guy not to have the rally.

Of course, this plea did not work because the former guy is evil and couldn’t care less whom his actions impact.

One anonymous GOP member is quoted as saying the former guy needs to “read the room.” This, of course, will not happen as the big orange does not care to read the room. As I write this, the rally is still set to occur, not that any network will televise it. I doubt we have seen the last of the tensions between these two.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here