Slip of the tongue

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Have you ever had a slip of the tongue? It is also referred to as a Freudian slip. I have seen many examples of this through the years. Some can be unintentionally funny. But many in the field of psychology, believe that the slips reveal what a person is really thinking.

Let’s talk about the slip we all witnessed last night. Governor Gavin Newsom easily won the recall, defeating Larry Elder. It was a blowout, despite certain miserable pundits trying to act like it was not. So, it was a very exciting evening. Newsom gave a speech that was incredibly moving.

He was quite emotional at different moments. One of my friends in California told me she thought that the speech was up there as a great one, and I agree.

And then it was time for evil Elder to concede. The good news is that he did not challenge the election results, probably because he knew he couldn’t, and if he did he would be even more of a laughing stock than he already was. So, he conceded and made a gigantic slip of the tongue.

“We may have lost the war“ Elder began. Oops! What he was trying to say is in fact what he eventually said. “We may have lost the battle, but will win the war.”

Actually, he will not win the war because the war occurred last night as Elder’s slip of the tongue reveals. It was rather amusing to watch.

My advice to Elder would be, if he wants a career in politics, move to a red state, and forget about California. California is a vast blue sea as Elder unhappily discovered for himself last night.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now