Shut up Susan Collins

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Vengeance. It’s such a simple word, but there is so much meaning behind it. Vengeance has been around since the beginning of time. Dynasties have fallen, Kingdoms have been shattered — all in the name of vengeance. Vengeance can and usually does lead to toxicity.

And sometimes Politicians act and react out of vengeance. We see it in the traitor Trump literally all the time. And then there are the others, who hide their real natures behind seemingly harmless facades that remain inscrutable and do not show the world who and what they really are.

I have an excellent example of that, in one, Susan Collins. Collins (shut up with your concern, insurrection party, Maine) is a clear and present danger. My sympathies are with the people of Maine.

Maine is an exquisite state. Its motto is “the way life should be,” and as someone who has spent much time in Maine, I can say I wholeheartedly agree. Maine is breathtaking, tranquil, pure, and soothing.

Would that Senator Collins was. Insincere Sue has been making headlines these past few weeks and not at all for the right reasons. It started when Texas enacted its handmaid’s law.

Now Collins is refusing to support the Democrats’ attempt to protect women by enacting Abortion rights legislation. With her forehead no doubt crinkled, in seeming befuddlement, Collins claims this legislation is too invasive on States Rights. No words.

But wait — there is, in fact, much more. And I want Mainers everywhere to listen. Paul LePage is going to attempt to get his Governorship back. Do you remember him? LePage is a nutjob. There is simply no other way to describe this man. He is Trump on steroids. He is certifiable, and that’s putting it mildly.

I believe that Collins is acting out of vengeance. I think she is an “injustice collector.” I have written about these types before. Their focus is NEVER on “we” or “us” or “you.” It is always “I.’ Always. They accumulate injustices and react accordingly — as Collins did in the little passive-aggressive speech she gave before smarmily casting her vote for Brett Kavanaugh.

Collins gets “indignant” and “stung” easily and often, and I believe this is where her behavior comes from. And now, she has gone full-tilt crazy. Mainers, I’m sorry. Maine cannot EVER have Paul Lepage back as Governor. The man is insane, and we will have quite a fight ahead. Thank you, Susan, for letting your mask fall and showing your tasteless desire for vengeance.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now