Score another one for Joe Biden

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

In a bit of good news, while COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations are starting to creep back up, Dr. Anthony Fauci has said the United States is finally out of the pandemic phase of COVID-19. Cases have fallen dramatically and COVID hospitalizations are down, and fewer people are dying from the disease. There are other signs that the US is starting to move out of the pandemic response phase as local health departments begin focusing on things other than COVID-19.

COVID-19 is by no means over, and it is still a pandemic in some parts of the world. It was still deadlier than the most recent flu season. The virus will likely always be with us now, but according to Dr. Fauci the impact will likely not be as much if people are vaccinated on a regular basis, maybe once every year.

What boils my water though is that if Orange Florida Man (OFM) and the GQP had actually responded to the pandemic instead of fighting the response tooth and nail, this is a story that could have been written a year ago. But OFM and his GQP buddies were more interested in pandering to extremists and fighting the people responding to the disease. Which caused a lot of unnecessary suffering and death in this country. And if OFM and the GQP were still in charge I don’t think we’d even be close to the point where we’d be past the pandemic phase, so I am glad we have a real President and a majority in Congress that believe in science and want to see us make COVID-19 an unpleasant memory.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now