President Biden thinks of everything

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Back when Biden and his staff were working on his Covid-relief bill, they were really thinking ahead to make sure getting vaccinated was as painless as possible, and the working class lost no pay to do it.

The plan includes s little-known benefit for everyone working for small businesses of 500 or less. If their employees take time off with pay to get vaccinated, small business owners will receive a full tax credit for it, with a limit of $511 per day. It only applies to small businesses because larger ones generally provide this.

“I’m calling on every employer, large and small, in every state, to give employees the time off they need, with pay, to get vaccinated. And any time they need, with pay, to recover, if they’re feeling under the weather after the shot,” Biden said. “No working American should lose a single dollar from their paycheck because they chose to fulfill their patriotic duty to get vaccinated.”

Of course, there will be Antiva who still refuse to get vaccinated, but this alone will convince many. I know a few Antiva who, when pressed that they should consider it, their excuse has been they can’t afford the time off. And Rachel Meadow reported on MSNBC Tuesday night that statistics show at least 25% of Antiva would get vaccinated if they had paid time off to do it. (Of course, I’m doing my part to shame them into getting vaccinated by calling them Antiva — they hate that.)

Biden also has some tricks up his sleeves to get the rest vaccinated. Many Antiva are known to be religious and heavily involved in church. So, Biden has enlisted the help of clergy, churches and religious organizations across the nation, as well as others (including NAACP, MLB, NSL, NFL and NASCAR) to help promote and convince Antiva to get vaccinated. President Biden just thinks of everything.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now