Power at any cost

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

The January 6th insurrection is an allegory for our government in America. Many Americans fail to realize how Democrats have saved our democracy, while also failing to realize how nothing is sacred to Republicans, not our right to privacy, our right to vote, our children’s lives, not even the Constitution. For all their defending the 2nd Amendment, the GOP have twisted it into something far different than our founding fathers ever intended. In their latest sacrilege, Republicans are actively trying to destroy the sacred peaceful transition of power.

Democratic leaders understand the importance of the peaceful transition of a president elected in a free and fair election. The dangers of not doing so were proven when the transition was stalled during the Bush vs Gore recount, a key factor in the 9-11 attacks. In 2016, Hillary Clinton was exemplary, conceding the election just ONE DAY after the election, despite compelling evidence of interference by a foreign enemy. And yet, Republicans continue to defend the violent attempt on January 6, 2021, to stop the peaceful transition of power, and overturn our 2020 election of Biden.

For me, the first January 6th House Select Committee hearing made it so vividly clear Trump and Republicans planned this coup that I can’t unsee it. But the committee is just getting started. The coming hearings will answer key questions proving Trump led the insurrection. Witness testimony will corroborate statements by Trump like, “Just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.” Or how Trump supported Pence’s assassination if it kept him in power. Or which seven Republican Congresspersons begged Trump for pardons and why none of them alerted the FBI. In my opinion, the committee should question Trump appointee Emily W. Murphy of the General Services Administration on why she delayed the transition 21 days after the 2020 election.

The moral of the story is: Democratic leaders can be trusted to fight for our democracy, while Republican leaders crave power at any price.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here