New trouble for Matt Gaetz

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

There exists in life some people who don’t ever learn from their mistakes. Over and over, these people persist, making one disastrous decision after another. And we have one of those people in Congress right now. This person is Matt Gaetz.

A word about Gaetz. Sometimes I am particularly snarky when writing about certain people. And Gaetz is one of those people. I do this on purpose. And there is a reason. That reason is laughter. Consider the quote from writer Donna Tartt, author of “The Gold Finch.”

“I had the epiphany that laughter was light, and light was laughter, and that this was the secret of the universe.”

Everybody needs to laugh at times. And for people like us — people who are purely political animals — these past few years have been hell. And some risk burning out on politics.

So when a particular story or person comes along that inspires amusement, it’s good to use that. That doesn’t lessen what Gaetz is alleged to have done. All it means is that we can take a few minutes to marvel and maybe let out a laugh or two.

So as Palmer Report told you, things are looking grim for the high-haired Congressman. I use the term “Congressman” loosely because Gaetz no longer seems interested in the job. Allow me to elaborate.

Reportedly his home district is pissed at him because he hasn’t held an event in quite some time. Reports are also surfacing that his former associate, tax collector, Joel Greenberg, is busily providing prosecutors with piles of evidence, including records of photos, Venmo payments, and messages.

All this bodes quite badly for the embittered Gaetz. But like fools before him, Gaetz doesn’t seem to care about addressing his mounting issues.

He’s hard at work doing nothing for his constituents, defending the horror show that is Marjorie Taylor Greene and talking about himself. That’s it. That’s what he’s doing.

So we are on indictment watch, which could be coming anytime in the next few weeks. As for Gaetz, he seems doomed to stay trapped in his denial and at the mercy of the seemingly unending desires of his ego.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now