Merrick Garland comes out swinging against Texas

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

There is major news out of the Justice Department, friends and readers. In a move guaranteed to make MAGA splutter with indignation, the Justice Department, is asking a federal court in Texas to put a temporary block on enforcement of the Texas handmaid law.

This move, by Merrick Garland, is exactly what many of us have been hoping for, and once again he has come through. And he’s not wasting any time doing this. Merrick Garland has been getting so much negative feedback, and I really hope this latest move shows people that he is indeed on our side.

The Justice Department claims in their filing that the vile law was created to put obstacles in place against women who want to protect the rights. I personally suspected they would seek a temporary injunction, and I am very happy that they have. Kudos to Garland for moving very quickly on this, and let’s hope for good results. The request ask asks the courts to keep the injunction in place while this lawsuit plays out in federal court.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here