Louie Gohmert sounds like he’s in need of psychiatric attention

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

I recently wrote an article calling Senator Marcia Blackburn (Crazy-insurrectionist party-Tennessee) the dumbest member of the GOP. I must sadly take that statement back. So who is taking the place of Blackburn? Who could be more moronic?

You see, this particular Congressman goes beyond stupid and into full-blown insanity. His insanity is so deeply apparent that I wonder if there should be some trophy given to him for absolutely blowing other stupid GOP members out of the water with his own horrible and bizarre stupidity.

That person is Rep. Louie Gohmert (deeply and profoundly insane-insurrection party-Texas). So Gohmert was speaking with a representative of the U.S. Forest Service by the name of Jennifer Eberlien. Gohmert and Eberlien were discussing climate change. Sounds harmless enough so far, right?

Well, it’s not. Because Gohmert, who apparently never took a science class in his life, politely asked Jennifer if there was any way the Forest Service could “change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun.”

There isn’t anything much to say about this except that I think Gohmert should take some time off from Congress, enroll in some science classes and maybe visit a planetarium or two.

I do wonder what exactly he expected the Forest Service to do. Go into outer space and fight with the sun? Call the moon and ask nicely? Or maybe get the Earth, the moon, and the sun in a room together and talk out the problem.

I suppose the bright side of this story is Gohmert didn’t imply Antifa was involved in the Earth’s orbit. However, I must congratulate Jennifer Eberlien for managing to maintain a straight face through all this. SHE most definitely needs a trophy. As for Gohmert-all one can hope for is that Saturday Night Live has taken note of this exchange.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now