Lauren Boebert’s gun rationale is looking more disturbing by the minute

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I find myself regularly having to ask why anyone feels the need to carry a gun in the first place. Concealed or open doesn’t matter to me. My question is “why”.

That sent me looking for “why I carry a gun” rationales. In a 2018 article in The Atlantic, a mere seven days after Parkland, justifications abound. He starts his article with a dramatic episode. Then he claims it has “made him closer to his community.” What community is that? The writer is a former soldier, so guns have been a part of his world for a while, but I still do not understand “why”. In the end, he closes his article with this: “I carry a weapon. My wife does as well. We’re not scared. We’re prepared, and that sense of preparation is contagious.”

So, okay, you’re prepared. For what? When my university was forced by our state legislature to adopt concealed carry, the Chief of Police told us (professors and lecturers) to avoid sheltering with someone with a weapon: don’t stand behind them because someone will shoot them – either the active shooter or the police.

John Garamendi (D-CA) in a CNN interview asked “Why would you bring a gun onto the floor? You want to get into a fisticuff or you want to get into a gun battle?”

Lauren Boebert promised in her campaign advertising that she would carry a gun into Congress. She tweeted: “Let me tell you why I WILL carry my Glock to Congress. Government does NOT get to tell me or my constituents how we are allowed to keep our families safe. I promise to always stand strong for our 2nd Amendment rights.” How does carrying a Glock on the floor of the House keep your family safe?

Is it coincidental that five days before the Capitol attack 83 members of the House asked Nancy Pelosi to allow them to carry weapons on the floor? What did they know?

The latest, this week, Andy Harris (R-MD) tried to bring a weapon through the metal detector. Why? What do these Congress members think they’re preparing for?

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here