Lauren Boebert swings and misses at Jen Psaki

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I rarely, in my writings, refer to music, but for this article, I need to do so. One of my all-time favorite albums is called “Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris.” This album is a musical revue of the songs of Jaques Brel. It was off-broadway for many years, starting in 1968. You may or may not be familiar with this album. David Bowie included it in his favorite albums of all time and covered one of its songs, a haunting number called “My Death.”

I am bringing up the album because one of its songs keeps popping up in my mind as we observe the current political climate. And that song is “If We Only Have Love.” It is a beautiful and poignant song and is filled with tenderness and idealism. I’d like it if we could solve our nation’s problems with love. But many GOP members are making that pretty impossible to accomplish.

One of those people is Representative Lauren Boebert (Not grounded in love, Colorado, insurrection party). Boebert seems filled with the opposite of love. Hate consumes this woman, and it is getting worse.

Take Jen Psaki. Psaki has been doing a great job as Biden’s Press Secretary. But evidently, Boebert does not think so because she tweeted about Psaki suggesting Jen needs a “cognitive test.”

I’d like to say a few words about this despicable tweet. First off, Boebert was eviscerated for tweeting it, which she should have been. And secondly, this tweet makes no sense and accomplishes nothing. The only thing it does is generate hate.

I do think these wretched people like Boebert need to be held accountable when they pull garbage moves like this. This likely will not happen because the GOP knows not the meaning of the word “love.” Cruelty and pervasive hatred are the things that have come to define the insurrection party. And this is why we will win in 2022.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here