Kevin McCarthy’s evil plan

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Reading has always been an essential part of my life and has always defined who I am. I am guessing that many Palmer Report readers feel the same.

And I’m sure many of you have read George Orwell’s 1984. Many of you might even have read it and thought that nothing like that could ever happen in the United States.

I’m a fan of that book and refer to it often in my articles. And today, I want to refer to one scene. It is the scene where the protagonist, while being tortured, sees his torturer hold up four fingers but is told to believe he sees five fingers, not four.

That scene reminds me so much of what is currently going on within the GOP. Allow me to elaborate. The Republicans are about to oust Liz Cheney (Republican-Wyoming) from her leadership position. Now do not get me wrong. I do not think Cheney should be considered a friend to Democrats. One only has to remember her father to know that. But this article is about about Kevin McCarthy.

McCarthy (suck-up-California-insurrection party) sent a letter to his Republican conference. In this letter, he attempts an Orwellian trick that is so blatantly stupid I cannot believe he did it in the first place.

Here is a paragraph from said letter: “We are a big tent party. We represent Americans of all backgrounds and continue to grow our movement by the day. And unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate.”

This is straight out of the 1984 playbook: “Believe what I say, not what you see.” It is frightening how utterly removed from reality the GOP is.

McCarthy’s letter is being met with deep scorn as it should be. Folks, we must work harder than ever as the 2022 midterms come closer. We cannot let this “cult of personality” ever have power again.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here