Kevin McCarthy just gave away his worst fear

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Kevin McCarthy’s opposition to a bill forming a bipartisan commission to investigate Jan. 6th is pathetically transparent – he doesn’t want to be forced to testify because he has been lying and changed the facts of what happened, particularly in his urgent phone call to Trump on that day requesting his help. And of course, like most Republicans, McCarthy wants to pretend it never happened, or was just peaceful demonstrators who got out of hand which is why he wants to include totally irrelevant BLM events in the investigation.

But it is inevitable McCarthy will be forced to officially come clean about his knowledge of Trump’s failure to render timely aid to those who endured the attack on the Capitol regardless, and not only in connection with DOJ and/or FBI investigations, but also in the civil suit officers have filed against the former guy, unless it is settled.

The truth will come out and yes, it will hurt McCarthy politically, as it should. But considering the totally incompetent minority leader McCarthy has proven himself to be, I really don’t see his career going anywhere anyway.

Even should Republicans take back the House at the mid-terms (and we will fight tooth and nail for that not to happen), I am willing to bet Trump will ultimately not back McCarthy to be Speaker of the House, unless he’s made some deal with the devil we’re unaware of.

The fact that Trump has proven the GOP is allowing him to pull the strings and made him in charge of selecting and ousting GOP’s leaders is a huge advantage and greet point for Democrats to make, come the midterm elections.

As for the Jan. 6th commission, I’m not so sure if five Republicans chosen by GOP leadership to serve would allow it to be functional anyway. I believe the better way for leadership to appoint its members would be for the GOP leadership to choose it’s Democratic members and, more importantly, Democratic leadership should choose its Republican members.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here