John Cornyn goes completely off the rails

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

US Senator John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) was apparently feeling left out last month while Greg Abbott and Ted Cruz were producing elaborate videos of themselves, playing heroics at the border amid an unseen crisis of women and children seeking asylum. I can only guess that Cornyn believed this was his solution:

First, he tweeted: “Bill Clinton ran for re-election on a platform that said, ‘We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it.'”

Then he tweeted again, in response to his own tweet about President Clinton, “President Biden has instead emphasized the humane treatment of immigrants, regardless of their legal status.”

I saw these in a retweet, and I don’t really follow Cornyn, so I’m unfamiliar with his ‘normal’ state of mind. He was apparently in some weird time warp and talking to himself via twitter. I don’t recall this being part of President Clinton’s platform, but that was long ago. Today’s big issue at the border is asylum seekers — not illegal immigrants — and they are mostly unaccompanied minors. Are we supposed to be outraged that President Biden is treating them humanely? Of course, a more relevant comparison would have been their totally inhumane treatment by the former guy.

Nevertheless, being a Texan, I felt I should try to investigate what was up with Cornyn. His website is devoid of all the hype and news releases you would normally find. His Twitter account is mostly a bunch of retweets, with periodic photos of himself with various politicians of past and present (no masks of course). At least he is getting out some. No sign whatsoever of Cruz or Abbott: they must be shunning him.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here