Jim Jordan screws up and admits he has January 6th evidence

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Oh, poor “Gym” Jordan. He never was very smart, and now he’s proving that it isn’t easy to be a serial liar if you aren’t. Jordan is desperately trying to avoid testifying about his conversations with trump on the morning of the insurrection by feigning forgetfulness about the timeline of his conversations that day.

“I spoke with him that day, after? I think after,” Jordan told Spectrum News. “I don’t know if I spoke with him in the morning or not. I just don’t know. I’d have to go back. I don’t know when those conversations happened.”

Can you spot his slip-up? Jordan is feverishly laying the groundwork for an “I don’t recall” defense when he is inevitably called up to testify about his actions that day. But there are those pesky five words… “I’d have to go back…”

Back to what, dear congressman? Your phone records and personal notes, and the notes of staffers who were with you that day, perhaps? In his clumsy attempt to pretend that he can’t remember what happened, Jordan admitted that there is contemporaneous evidence that he could “go back” to in order to refresh his memory.

This is like when Mitch McConnell would dodge a question about a trump tweet by claiming he “hasn’t seen it.” Well then, go do your homework, read the tweet, and come back here and answer the question when you’re all caught up.

Jordan slipped up and admitted that he has the means to fill in the gaps in his pathetic excuse for a memory. My money says the committee and DOJ already have this evidence as well. In any case, “I don’t recall” a situation where a sitting member of Congress has been in a worse legal bind.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here