How Rudy Giuliani finished himself off

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

This morning, federal agents executed a search warrant on Rudy “Ghouliani” Guiliani’s home and office, both of which are in Manhattan. It shows that the investigation against Ghouliani has entered what the New York Times called “an aggressive new phase.” Among the items seized were Ghouliani’s electronic devices.

It’s difficult to overstate how much of a big deal this is. Prosecutors rarely request and carry out search warrants against lawyers. There must be a “there” there for prosecutors to go ahead with requesting a warrant. Then they have to convince a judge that it is a case of there being fire and not just smoke by itself. Obviously something’s there and it was enough for prosecutors to request and for a Federal Judge to sign off on a search warrant.

Not surprisingly, Gholiani’s people are complaining about this being “legal thuggery.” Oh, yeah? Where were these people at when the former guy’s attack dog Bill Barr was engaging in legal thuggery? Were they anywhere to be seen then?

I’m having a nice big helping of schadenfreude over these new developments. I hope that someday soon we’ll get to see Ghouliani frog marched out of his residence in handcuffs by Federal agents. I’m also hoping that a whole bunch of the crap Ghouliani and others in the GOP did these past few years gets exposed and people finally are held accountable. Most of all I hope former guy is sweating bullets over this and worrying about the possibility of Ghouliani rolling over on him to save his own worthless hide.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here