House Republican Madison Cawthorn is completely out of control

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Madison Cawthorn is a loose cannon. This article is about the North Carolina Congressman, but I want to start the article with a very short and haunting poem first published in 1920. I believe the poem paints a bit of a story of where we are at and what we risk. It is by Robert Frost:

“Some say the world will end in fire.
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those that favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that for destruction ice is also great.
And would suffice.”

This poem, Fire and Ice, tells of the end of the world using fire as a theme for passion and ice for coldness and hatred. It’s an enamoring poem with a profound message. Today, many could say that the world has ended — or at least the world as we have known it.

Now we have a new reality, and this reality is covered in hateful passions of the ignorant and the rageful. Madison Cawthorn represents such a person. I am singling him out because of his vile statements, which further fan the fire and ice flames.

Cawthorn has publicly called on Vice President Kamala Harris to invoke the 25th Amendment on President Biden. Appearing on Fox Death-News, Cawthorn claimed Biden had pushed our nation to “a crisis point.”

This type of talk is dangerous. Cawthorn knows full well this will never ever happen. What he is doing is using our military as vicious talking points in his pathetic games of hatred and division.

As activists, we must hit back when garbage like this occurs, and we must hit back hard. “Fire and Ice” was a poem that told a story. It could be looked at as a prophecy, if you will — or at least a warning. When we encounter hate-speak like this, we must highlight it, or we really do run the risk of the fire and the ice enveloping us to inescapable degrees.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here