Florida has officially turned against Ron DeSantis

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

It’s always lovely to receive good news. Good news is a great thing because there have been so many horrible happenings in the last few years that we welcome the good, even more than we did before. We do have some good news, and it concerns the worst Governor in the country, Mr. Ron DeSantis.

We have new polling information. But the polling is not just about the ruthless Governor’s approval ratings which suck. They are also about other things — like the next Presidential election.

According to a new Quinnipiac University poll, the majority of Floridian voters are vehemently against having a President DeSantis. Quinnipiac asked respondents whether they would like to see the Governor make a run. And 59% are against it Democrats said no at a staggering 96 percent. (I’d like to know who the 4 % are.) Independents were against a run by 61%.

The poll took place between August 17 and August 21 and has a margin of error of 3.3. percentage points.

So, what are we to make of this? First off, DeSantis is in trouble. We did know that, but now it appears his Presidential aspirations are in jeopardy as well as his Governorship.

This is only a snapshot in time, and things can certainly change. But if I were DeSantis right now, I would be extremely worried. One cannot win elections if both Democrats and Independents despise you. And even with the GOP, the positive numbers certainly were not as high as expected.

DeSantis does not strike me as the type to dig deep and look within. He strikes me as over-indulgent and completely lacking in any self-awareness at all. And the fact that he is literally destroying his own state has obviously been noticed by his constituents, if not by the arrogant man himself.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now