Finishing off Donald Trump

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Knowledge is a beautiful thing. And what I like best about it is that one is never too old to learn more. Learning is a constant journey, and I, for one, am glad to be on it. So, I want to thank fellow writer Robert Harrington for his response in the article “Here’s the thing about Donald Trump going to prison.” I particularly like when someone brings up specific aspects of a situation that I have not thought of, and Mr. Harrington did just that.

Sometimes things keep us awake at night. For me, it is not whether the orange menace goes to prison. I want to pick up on something I touched on the other day. Let us suppose that he does indeed go to prison. (I want a perp-walk!) It wouldn’t be over. And that is what this article is about. That is also what keeps me up at night. WHAT will end the insanity? CAN anything end the insanity? Is the GOP too far gone?

I do not want it to be. I trust the Democratic policies and wish to engage in policy debates because our party would win on policy. I do NOT like our party running against a cult whose every move these days appears to be based on paranoia, voter suppression, and howling about stolen elections. So — will it ever end?

It might be too late for the GOP. It might be that they have sunk themselves, and we will be dealing with the cult of MAGA forever. Except there is one thing. I believe there is one way we can stop the bullshit. But it won’t be easy. We have to win in 2022.

NOT just win by a little. Let me be specific. We have to repudiate them. We must win by EXTRAORDINARY number. It has to be an obliteration. They have to be dumbstruck at their losses.

The country has to basically cancel the Republican party. And that means not only winning but winning in places that nobody would expect us to win. Republicans must be shocked at their losses. They must be dumbfounded as the winners accept the spoils of a battle well-won. They have to be humiliated. The GOP must be made to see that the country rejects Trumpism totally and completely. THIS is why the 2022 elections are as important as 2020 was.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here