Even for Rand Paul, this is just sick

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Good news, people! CDC data shows that at least 60.8 percent of adults in our wonderful country have received at least one vaccine. This is excellent news. President Biden has been extraordinary in both his vaccine messaging and with the rollout of the vaccination.

Of course, some out there will never get vaccinated because they do not believe in it for whatever reasons. And one of those people is Senator Rand Paul (shouldn’t be a doctor or a senator-insurrection party-Kentucky).

Senator Paul declared that he would not get the vaccine. He did this on his radio show. His rationale is that he has “natural immunity” because he has already had the virus.

Paul did indeed have the virus back in March of 2020. But his “natural immunity” theory is complete nonsense. That theory has been debunked by virtually everyone with medical knowledge and sanity.

It would appear that Paul has neither of those. Here is his statement: “Until they show me evidence that people who have already had the infection are dying in large numbers, or getting very sick, I just made my own personal decision that I’m not getting vaccinated because I’ve already had the disease and I have natural immunity,” the crazed Senator explained.

Right now, we do not have long-term data that tells us how long we are protected from getting sick again after having the virus once. Cases of people getting COVID more than once have and are happening. The CDC and many other knowledgeable medical advisors have all come out to encourage the vaccination in people who have not had COVID AND those that have.

This statement shows Paul’s complete ignorance of science. The MAGA crowd will undoubtedly love it, but I feel for the hapless employees of his and coworkers he is putting in danger because of his childish stubbornness.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here