Donald Trump throws up his hands

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

“You didn’t pay tax on the car, or a company apartment, you used an apartment because you need an apartment, because you have to travel too far where your house is, didn’t pay tax, or education for your grandchildren. I don’t even know. Do you have to, does anybody know the answer to that stuff?”

This confession poured out of Every Defense Attorney’s Nightmare in front of an adoring crowd of super spreaders.

Now in full disclosure, I am not a lawyer or an accountant. I’m not a meter maid or a billionaire real estate tycoon. Heck, I am not even a reality television personality, or even the offspring of one. But I think I know the answer to “that stuff.” The answer is, yes, you do owe taxes on “that stuff.” The employee has income tax liability, and the company has payroll tax liability on all of “that stuff.”

So when a certain candidate for office came down that escalator and told us we didn’t need to see his tax returns, maybe he wasn’t the best one to make that call. TL;DR: Nobody knew tax evasion was SO COMPLICATED!!!

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here