Did Tucker Carlson have it coming?

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I witnessed a fascinating conversation on CNN between Don Lemon (good journalist) and Ana Navarro (dynamic queen!) The two had a conversation the other evening about what happened with Tucker Carlson in Montana.

For those that do not know the story: Tucker was at a fishing shop when a stranger, a man, walked up to him and proceeded to tell Tucker exactly what (most of) America thought of him. He labeled Carlson the “worst person in the world.”

So, Lemon and Navarro were speaking of whether the man had the right to approach Tucker on personal time. Tucker was with his family, including his daughter.

Lemon, surprisingly was on Tucker’s side–sort of. He did admit he was conflicted. At the end of the day, though, he said he did not approve of someone getting in anyone’s face while they are on their own time. He explained he wouldn’t want it to happen to him, so he must be fair about this.

I admire Lemon. I don’t think I am as fair as him because I loved it. I concede Lemon’s argument. At the end of the day, though, as Navarro put it if you “dish it out: you had better be prepared to take it.” Tucker has been encouraging his viewers to approach people for years now. He ordered people to call child protective services on children wearing masks.

He has made himself an instrument of hate. So it is logical that he should expect pushback.

This is what Navarro’s viewpoint is. Still, it is a fascinating argument that is worth talking about. While I never condone violence, I think if one aligns themselves with hate speech, they better be prepared to hear it from people who dislike hate speech. And this man who approached Tucker showed no signs of violence and was quiet about it. So, what do you think?

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here