Consequences for Kevin McCarthy

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Do you know what I loathe? It is when someone makes a disparaging or hateful statement and then tries to pass it off as “just a joke.” Have you ever interacted with this type of person? I have as have family members and friends. And they’re lethal.

These people have issues with expressing anger. In many cases, they cannot do it. So they engage in these passive-aggressive and deeply destructive behavior patterns and turn off many people doing it.

Do you know what I like? Criticism. I like it because criticism – when done healthily and constructively can make all of us better. As long as said criticism is made respectfully, I welcome it in my life and my writing. And that leads me to Kevin McCarthy.

In one of my previous articles, I called for his resignation. Some people were critical of the fact that I did that. They felt the people of California had duly elected McCarthy and who was I to diminish their vote?

I like criticism. But I can also politely disagree. And I do here. I will reiterate McCarthy should resign. He stepped over a line. And that line was his “just kidding” comment about hitting Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

There must be accountability. We must hold our leaders to a standard of behavior. I’d be saying the same if McCarthy was a Democrat.

I think we all know McCarthy wasn’t “just kidding.” What he was doing was trying to look cool in front of his buddies. And maybe he thinks joking about hitting women is a “cool” thing to do.

It’s not. It shows weakness and makes the Congressman look pathetic, which he is. Any politician who jokes about beating the crap out of a woman is not fit to serve and not only should resign but should never be allowed to hold public office again.

I am sick of violence against women being reduced to a “just kidding” or “he was only joking” statement. We have come too far to let misogynists like McCarthy take us backward. I stand by my statement. Kevin McCarthy should resign.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here