Chuck Grassley is in freefall

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Senator Chuck Grassley (unpopular with the American people-insurrection party-Iowa) just got some bad news. In a Des Moines Register poll, 64 percent of respondents said they were not inclined to support Grassley, who is up for reelection in 2022. These people think it is time for a new Senator to be seated.

Grassley has yet to announce whether he will run again. Perhaps this poll will be a deciding factor because it isn’t just Democrats who want to see Grassley go. His numbers are terrible with Republicans and Independents as well.

Just 7 percent of Democrats say they would support Grassley. That isn’t much of a surprise. It is the other numbers that could be a concern for the Senator.

Just 51 percent of the GOP say they would support Grassley. That’s a stunningly low number if you think about it.

Grassley did even worse with independents. Just 23 percent of them say they would support the Senator.

His job approval stands at a miserable 45 percent.

The poll was taken June 13-16. The Des Moines Register conducted the poll along with Mediacom by Selzer & Co. The margin of error was between plus or minus 3.5 percentage points and plus or minus 3.9 percentage points Grassley is Chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance. He has been a Senator since 1980.

This poll shows loud and clear that people are tired of Grassley. Democrats can win this seat with the right candidate. And of, course we do not yet know if Grassley will make another Senate run.

Polls are just snapshots in time, but this one was a surprise. Many thought, because of his name recognition, that he’d be a lock for reelection. This poll shows that he is not. If I were Grassley, I’d sit this one out. The times they are A changing, and it may be time for someone new. I’m sure the Democrats are taking note of this news as well.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here