Capitol attacker has complete meltdown during his court hearing

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Landon Copeland (insurrectionist) was very disruptive and yelling at his Court hearing on several charges, including disorderly conduct and assaulting law enforcement officers. Copeland, a 33 year-old man from Utah, screamed obscenities at the Judge, and called a court clerk evil.

The criminal complaint cites at least 3 instances of him assaulting an officer, as well as taking away one’s shield to use as a weapon. It also includes video of Copeland tearing down a barricade and using it to assault officers. After being pepper sprayed, he threw the barricade at several officers in retaliation.

Copeland invited several MAGAts to go with him to his court appearance, then immediately started wreaking havoc.

A Capitol Hill reporter at the hearing was messaging his office and wrote, “This is out of control. Defendant is now yelling at the Judge, ‘Is any of this negotiable? I used to be a free man … until you locked me up.'”

With several minutes before his hearing, “He’s still disrupting the Court … and appears rattled by pretrial detention.” But later, things got really crazy., “Copeland is screaming at the Judge, “How long can I postpone this? I’m a vet. You owe this to me. You’ve all f*cked this up. You’re a robot to me. You can’t come and get me if I don’t want you to.” Copeland was soon placed in an “outbreak room” for about an hour.

Copeland’s attorney claimed he didn’t think his client did this on purpose, “I don’t think he’s competent to proceed right now.” The Court ordered Copeland to have a competency screening, and postponed this hearing.

If this guy was this bad, how the heck did he get bonded to begin with? If he acted like this at his bond hearing, he would have been sent to an institution for an evaluation right away, instead of being released on the street to cause havoc.

I have a feeling this was all an act and probably his first such outburst in Court. But I could be wrong. There was some talk that he may have PTSD from his military service, but what was described here does not really reflect such a PTSD attack, in my experience.

I know most everyone just wants Trump and his cronies who started this in jail, and don’t care so much about these sad-sacks. But this guy definitely needs to be incarcerated, one way or another.

Another defense reportedly being used by more than one insurrectionist is that they were brainwashed by Trump and Fox News. MSNBC said that wouldn’t help them as a defense, unless they’re able to claim temporary insanity.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here