Capitol attacker delivers blow to Fox News

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Mental health alert: Very bad things can happen to you if you watch Fox entertainment (Fox News). Well, most of us know that. The things that can happen include loss of brain cells, a shrinking IQ, and boredom, to name a few. But now we can add sedition to the long list.

Anthony Antonio is one of the many people charged in the Capitol attack. And his defense is rather…bizarre, and that’s putting it mildly. Antonio’s attorney has claimed in court that the reason his client did what he did is that Fox News made him do it. And Antonio’s attorney even has a name for client’s grave condition. It is being called “Foxmania” or “Foxitis.”

Just when you thought politics couldn’t get any crazier, here comes Foxitis.

I don’t really know if you are laughing or gagging right now as you read this story. I think I’m doing a bit of both. “Foxiiis” from what I understand, is a nasty condition where one immerses themselves in watching the fake news station.

Then when one is done watching, they do something bad, and after they’re arrested, use the fact that they watched the artificial news network in the first place as their defense.

Look, I get it. Fox sucks. Most of us already knew that. They are a propaganda network filled with loathsome people, vile non-stories, and in general, should be avoided as much as possible.

However, “Fox made me do it” does not really pass the smell test for me. We all have to take responsibility for our actions. Where does one draw the line? But who really knows what will happen with this defense? Perhaps “Foxitis” will become its own word. These days, anything’s possible.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now