Calls grow for Ted Cruz to resign

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Near DFW International Airport stands a newly-erected billboard of Senator Ted Cruz posed with one word: RESIGN. Protests are on-going in Texas since the Capitol insurrection, including one Jan 19 when “pallbearers” carried three black coffins into the front yard of Cruz’s Houston home, according to the Houston Chronicle. The coffins were painted with rebukes like defend Amendment 12, Officer Brian Sicknick, resign, and git. Four major Texas newspapers, the Houston Chronicle, Austin-American Statesman, El Paso Times and San Antonio Express have called for Cruz’s resignation.

John Cornyn, however, Texas’s other Republican Senator, mightily defended Cruz in an
interview with KXAN Jan 21, saying, “Free speech gives people the right to be wrong. It gives them a right to express their strongly held views.” Does free speech include the deliberate deceit and insurgent actions that whipped Trump’s supporters into a lynch mob?

Constituents sharing concerns online with either Senator Ted (Ferret) Cruz or John (The Steer) Cornyn receive standardized Republican replies. Their minions push elaborate self-accolades, but it took six months to receive an obfuscated, pacifying refusal to my demand to stop separating and caging immigrant children. That Beto sticker blithely plastered to the rear window of the silver Jeep Liberty is slowly peeling off after three summers’ driving in the sweaty groin pit of this country – North Central Texas. Major cities, even Fort Worth, went blue in 2018 I remind myself.

Since neither Senator lists a category called “Resign” on their concerns list, I click “Crime.” The “Second Amendment” and “Education” are listed. Texas ranks second after California for total number of school-age children, but 41st on spending per student according to educationdata.org. Texas schools are turning out plenty of ignoramuses to support future Trumps and current Senators.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now