This is a total disaster for Donald Trump

The prevailing narrative from most pundits is that Donald Trump will not only run for President in 2024, he’ll be the Republican nominee. And at some point in 2021, there’s a good chance Trump will announce he’s running in 2024. But we’ve held all along that if Trump does so, he’ll only be pretending he’s going to run in 2024, and it’ll merely be a short term cash grab, because there’s no way he’ll be viable by 2024.

Sure enough, new polling from CNN says that just 51% of Republicans think Trump will give their party the best chance of winning the presidency in 2024. The other 49% have already concluded that they’d be better off with someone else as the nominee. Given how much name recognition Trump has over the rest of the potential Republican field, these numbers are a disaster for him; they’ll surely drop further as the rest of the Republican field gradually comes together.

These numbers serve to underscore that in spite of all the ratings-driven media hype about Trump in 2024, he’s already trending toward washed up territory. Of course this doesn’t mean we can breathe easy. Palmer Report has been warning you all year that Trump is not the threat in 2024. The threat in 2024 is the new Republican monster who comes out of nowhere and doesn’t get properly vetted because we’re all too busy fretting over Trump instead.

We also warned you that it probably wouldn’t be someone like DeSantis, who was pushed to the front way too early and was going to melt under the spotlight long before 2024 (which we’re now seeing happen already). It’ll likely be someone who comes out of nowhere.

So yeah, we’re going to finish Trump off. We’re going to destroy him and break his base’s spirit. But even if he pretends in 2021 that he’s going to run in 2024, we’re not going to fret over it. Instead we’re going to watch for actual GOP 2024 candidates popping up who need to be vetted and exposed. Republicans love bringing in a fresh face to push the usual lies who hasn’t yet been exposed.

Palmer Report articles are all 100% free to read, with no forced subscriptions and nothing hidden behind paywalls. If you value our content, you're welcome to pay for it:
Pay $5 to Palmer Report:
Pay $25 to Palmer Report:
Pay $75 to Palmer Report:

Sign up for the Palmer Report Mailing List.
Write for the Palmer Report Community Section.


Leave a Comment

Comments